August 4, 2010

The Melt-In-Your-Mouth Peach

OKAY...  Debbi totally ragged on me tonight for not updating my blog lately, so...

My wonderful Elberta peach produced the most magnificent melt-in-your-mouth peach this year.  Yes, peach.  As in one.

In all fairness to the tree, it was only its second year.  They don't typically produce until they've been in the ground for a couple of years, and the first year was a pruning year.


Here it is!

The one peach was as big as my fist, it smelled like heaven, and it almost literally melted in my mouth.  Wonderful!  I can't wait to have have a big bunch of peaches next year - a homegrown peach really is fantastic.  Please, plant one today.  You'll be glad you did!

There, Deb...

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Emily. Kudos and bravo. More, please.

    That is a beautiful photo. I will not, however, be planting a peach tree. I will have to count on my neighbor to share hers. I'll bet she will - she's nice like that.

    ReplyDelete