April 14, 2015

Peaches - YEA!

I am SO EXCITED - for the first time in several years I will have a peach crop!!!!!!!!!!  The last couple of years I have lost them to late freezes.  Amazingly - after all of this year's miserable winter weather - we finally avoided a late freeze, and now I can't wait for summer (although I am definitely enjoying the awesome spring we are having)!!

New tree...

Old tree...



And here's a picture of the wound healing on my older peach tree after this happened.



The first picture is from a tree I planted last February labeled 'Elberta', but I don't think that's what it is.  Either that or the one I originally planted was not an 'Elberta' because the new one bloomed a few weeks earlier.  Anyhow, I am excited to see how the fruit turns out because the peaches from the older tree melt in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment