November 13, 2010

Date with My City: Artist Studio Tour

Today Debbi and I went on the Lubbock Arts Alliance Artist Studio Tour.  It was a perfect fall day - crisp and sunny and just glorious to be alive!

We hit eight of the ten locations, and the really neat part was that most of the studios were in people's homes, so not only could you enjoy our local artists, but you could also check out the artist's influence in their home decor.

I didn't try to take any pictures inside the homes out of respect for the homeowners and artists, but here are some other pics taken along the way...

This home wasn't part of the tour, but we loved the courtyard!

Amazing fall color in Rush.

Fall display outside of a tour home in south Rush.

St. Anthony statue at the same house.

Blue door at the same house.

Trees on 18th Street.

This house wasn't on the tour, but I thought it was worth including here.

Check out the front decor.  The "Beware of Dog" sign, "Beware of Owner" sign, and broken beer bottle next to a Texas Tech bucket compose a sort of unintentional redneck collage art... 

That's collage not college, but I'm sure either way would probably work!

Never mind the dog...!

Paper plate art at RENDr Frame & Arts!

Enjoying a Lubbock High Latte at J & B Coffee at 26th and Boston - what a cool intersection.  Check out how the background of this picture is a mirror image of itself - way to go, Deb!

I talked to Lee Ware with Sandstorm Glassworks which is located right behind Tornado Gallery in the Depot District.  Lee said they are going to start offering "Make Your Own Glass Flower" events from $25 on Saturdays at 10:30, 12:30, and 2:00, no reservations, first come first served.  I saw a special event for this on their Facebook page but didn't see the regular Saturday event listed yet, so you might give them a ring to confirm at 806-300-0244.  (Also, book a "HOT Date" and make two glass flowers, two glass ornaments, and two glass paperweights!)

2 comments:

  1. It was a great Date with My Neighbor in My City!! I'm looking forward to the next one!
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd made the most of that beautiful day, since we were together we surely did say, I'm glad you're mine, I'm glad you're mine, so glad you are my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete